The Model Eight is a fully reversible "flippable" hand tufted hybrid mattress. A 6" Spring unit wrapped in cotton felt, with 2" of 100% Natural Talalay Latex on each side and as always a layer of Organic Cotton ticking quilted through Joma Wool®.
The traditional way of manufacturing this model ensures unsurpassed longevity and comfort levels. This is truly two mattresses in one package. Model 8 is a rare example of when the B Side is just as good as the A Side.
We start the build by encapsulating a 6′′ individual pocket coil spring in a thick layer of natural cotton felt. Next we place 2 inches of 100% Natural Talalay Latex foam on each side followed by fastening our organic cotton and natural Joma Wool® quilt to it. The next step for our Model 8 is tape edging. Then this mattress goes into our tufting press. This time intensive process ensures that all of the components will work together in perfect harmony for many years to come.
This mattress is also available with Dunlop GOLS Certified Organic latex rubber.
- 11” Finished Height
- Breathable - Does not sleep hot!
- Available in three latex firmness options
- 2” 100% Natural Talalay Latex on top and bottom
- 6” High Count Individual Pocket Coil Spring
- High Thread Count Organic Cotton Ticking
- Quilted through 1 Ounce (per square foot) of Joma Wool®
- 10 Lbs per side of 100% Cotton Felt (Queen size)
- Tufted with Felt and Linen Rosettes
- Fully flippable. Flip and or rotate every 6 months for optimal longevity
- Available as a “No Compromise Mattress” offering side specific support within a single bed
Here at Fawcett we customize each and every mattress to fit your specific needs. After your purchase online we’ll do a comprehensive telephone consultation to ensure that your new bed is configured for your sleep preferences. One mattress usually doesn’t “fit all”!
Timing for delivery of your mattress generally takes from 2 to 4 weeks. That being said, we strive to keep most popular models in stock. Check in with us to be sure.